Monday, April 4, 2011

India's victory relieves Big B


Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan's belief that India loses a cricket match whenever he watches has finally been broken, thanks to the World Cup final that he watched on TV and saw India defeating Sri Lanka.

"Yesterday (Saturday), that age old superstitious finicky belief, that if I were to watch a game it would result disfavourably for us, broken and shattered for good I would imagine," Amitabh posted on his blog late Sunday night.

Amitabh's son Abhishek had admitted recently that they do not watch India's matches, and get constant updates on phone instead, due to the superstition. But neither could resist the temptation of watching the final.

"Yes, I did not see the India-Pakistan (match), I did not see the India-Australia (match), and for most of the time resisted this final too. But I have no idea what prompted me to switch (to) the game on after we were 33 for 2 (sic) and tottering. And when Dhoni smacked that six for victory, it smacked my superstition too out of my life," added Amitabh.

The father-son duo, along Aishwarya Rai, came onto the streets late Saturday night, after the match to celebrate India's victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment